Our Glasgow Business Action Group was set up in April 2020 for Glasgow’s tourism and hospitality industry by Experience Glasgow in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
To ensure that our businesses are still here when we come out of COVID-19, it is essential we provide the support you need to overcome these challenging times and are in the best place for recovery.
The aim of the Glasgow Business Action Group is to provide a platform for you to share and collaborate as well as a way to access this support.
PRACTICAL SUPPORT DURING COVID-19
The group is driven by you, the industry, the role of Experience Glasgow is to facilitate and signpost. Over the weeks of this crisis, your needs will change and so will our role to ensure these needs are met.
We understand that every business is different and as a result of COVID-19, we have developed a package of support which can be tailored to your needs. This will include virtual consultancy, coaching, masterclasses, alongside the implementation of practical strategy and marketing.
THE AREAS OF FOCUS ARE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Scenario planning – summer restart or 2021
- Finance – refund policies, cashflow
- Customer service/staff engagement (whilst closed/furlough) – what to say to customers and staff
- Skills Redeployment: Review, Roles, Current Recruitment
NEW PRODUCTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Development of virtual experiences and beyond
- Partnership working; exploring collaborations
- Data aggregation – identifying fresh insights to find new opportunities
- Global insights and trends
- Promote local/UK markets – attract new customers
- Sales strategies – eCommerce, gift cards etc.
- Travel Trade-Ready and B2B sales – reach international markets
Digital marketing & PR
- Website/Social Media Audit
- SEO and Content Strategy
- Relationship marketing (increase the value of current customers)
- Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned Media
Need Support Now? Here’s how we can help:
If you would like to access our 1-2-1 support, please complete the form here
Judith will be in contact to arrange your first consultation with one of our team.
Your main point of contact will be dependent on your needs and focus but you will have access to the expertise of the rest of the team members.
A platform for sharing
The Glasgow Business Action Group began as a WhatsApp group, a platform for sharing insight, ideas and opportunities, with businesses at the heart of it, a place where they can connect and support each other.
Join our group – click here
useful covid resources
Useful coronavirus (COVID-19) web resources for businesses:
- VisitScotland – coronavirus advice for businesses
- VisitScotland – our response to Covid-19
- VisitScotland – guidance for event organisers
- Scottish Tourism Alliance – coronavirus advice for businesses
- Scottish Enterprise – business continuity advice
- Scottish Government – support for businesses
- UK Government – support for businesses
- Health Protection Scotland – guidance for non-healthcare settings
- Glasgow Chamber of Commerce – coronavirus advice and assistance
- Glasgow City Council – coronavirus advice and action