We’ve pulled together a list of resources of funding and grants that are available for tourism and hospitality businesses. Check each of them out using the pages below.
You can also use the Scottish Business Support Tool to find new grants and funds for your business.
1. Strategic Framework Grants:
Hospitality, retail & leisure businesses
If your business is required to close by law or to significantly change its operations due to COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible to apply for grant funding. Grant funding for an eligible business will cover the period of any closures or restrictions with the earliest claim date being 2 November 2020. You can still apply even if you are required to close or modify your operations for less than 4 weeks.
- Temporary Closure Grant – £2,000 or £3,000 (depending on rateable value) if your business is required to close by law
- Business Restrictions Grant – £1,400 or £2,100 (depending on rateable value) if your business can remain open but is specifically required to modify its operations by law, for example having to close earlier than normal or demand for your products or services has been reduced because of the pandemic
- One-Off Top Off Grant For January In addition to the grants businesses receive through the Strategic Business Framework Fund, eligible businesses will also get a one-off January grant of:
- £25,000 for larger hospitality businesses on top of the 4-weekly £3,000
- £6,000 for smaller hospitality businesses on top of the 4-weekly £2,000
- £9,000 for larger retail and leisure businesses on top of the 4-weekly £3,000
- £6,000 for smaller retail and leisure businesses on top of the 4-weekly £2,000
- larger hospitality businesses are those with a rateable value of £51,001 or more
- smaller hospitality businesses are those with a rateable value of £51,000 or less
- larger retail and leisure businesses are those with a rateable value of £51,001
- smaller retail and leisure businesses are those with a rateable value of £51,000 or less
In most cases, eligible businesses that have already applied for the 4-weekly payment from the Strategic Framework Business Fund will get an automatic top-up.
For the majority, this top-up will be combined with the next tranche of payment for the Strategic Framework Business Fund due to go to businesses on 25 January.
Businesses that haven’t yet applied for either of these funds should submit an application as soon as possible through their local authority website.