3. Glasgow City Council’s’ Discretionary FunD
The Fund goes live on 5th February 2021 and will be open for two weeks, closing on
19th February 2021. No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
The fund aims to provide financial hardship payments to any business who has not
received government support since the restrictions programme in October 2020.
In particular, sectors currently excluded from the Strategic Fund, such as
supply chain manufacturing, elements of the service industry affected by footfall or
loss of income through cancellations, for example laundry services, and sections of
retail where legislation allows premises to remain open but business is affected by
footfall or reduced orders, will be considered.
It will offer three levels of payment based on company size:
- £9,000 for businesses employing between 25 and 50 staff;
- £6,000 for businesses employing between 10 and 24 staff; and
- £3,000 for businesses employing 9 staff or less.
Businesses who have received support through other programmes will not be eligible for this fund, for example:
- Strategic Business Framework Fund
- Scottish Wedding Industry Fund
- Events and Tour Guides
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund;
- Mobile Close Contact Fund
- Newly Self Employed Hardship Fund
- Bed and Breakfast / Self Catering Support Fund
Detailed guidance on sectors ineligible and full details of the grant and how to apply
can be found here: https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/local-
Please note: businesses registered in other local authority areas should visit their
appropriate website as timescales, criteria and funding levels will be different.