Scotland’s most famous tearooms are back!
Following a successful crowdfunding campaign, Glasgow’s much-loved Mackintosh at the Willow is back open with new products for you to enjoy.
The historic venue has re-opening with a revamp. The floors have been refinished and polished, the building exterior has had a fresh coat of paint and the Salon de Luxe is looking as new as the day it first opened its stained-glass doors in 1903.
New Products – TAKE Mackintosh at the Willow HOME WITH YOU
Mackintosh at the Willow has launched an online retail store so that you can purchase your favourite items from the comfort of your own home. The most exciting announcement is still to come, with the tearooms delighted to finally announce the re-introduction of the breath-taking Salon de Luxe historically known as ‘Room de Looks’, which reopens on 15th October 2020, with the new addition of an exclusive Afternoon Tea package.
Exclusive Salon de Luxe Afternoon Tea
Enjoy an exquisite champagne Afternoon Tea and a tailored talk in the historic Salon de Luxe plus entry to the interactive exhibition for only £45.00 per person.
Relax in the stunning historic surroundings of the world-famous Salon de Luxe while your host guides you through the history of the original Willow Tearooms building. Afterwards, enjoy a fabulous afternoon tea for two with a glass of bubbles and take in the immersive atmosphere of the room, which was designed in partnership between Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh. Round off your visit by exploring our interactive Exhibition, where you will learn more about the vibrant city of Glasgow in the late 1890s and early 1900s, a time of exciting change and innovation. Discover more about the unique working collaboration between Mackintosh and Miss Catherine Cranston through our interactive, audio, and visual displays.
Exclusive Salon de Luxe Offer Available Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 2:30pm.
Mackintosh at the Willow’s daily menus are proud to be able to cater to most allergies and dietary requirements.
What you get:
- A talk in the Salon de Luxe with our specially trained guides
- Deluxe Champagne Afternoon Tea (Champagne can be substituted for a mocktail if preferred)
- Entry to our Interactive Exhibition
- A Mackintosh at the Willow gift bag which includes a choice of tea, Scottish artisan treats and a bespoke Scottish inspired gift.
- 10% off in our Retail Store, which contains an exciting range of carefully selected gifts including ranges by Glasgow and Scottish based designers.
Afternoon Tea Menu
- Savoury Bites
- Haggis Bon Bon
- Black Pudding & Apple Sausage Roll
- Mini Fish & Chips
- Soup of the Day
Elegant finger sandwiches
- Ham & Honey Mustard Cucumber & Mint Cream Cheese
- Mini Pretzel Bun with Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese
- Dainty Croissant with Egg Mayonnaise
Plain and fruit scones with clotted cream & homemade jam and a varied selection of eye-catching cakes baked in house & hand-finished by our talented pastry chefs
- Earl Grey & Bergamot Slice
- Carrot Cake Slice
- Honeycomb Macaron
- Black Forest Sachertorte
- Caramelised White Chocolate Eclair
- Lemon Meringue Entrement
So, get booked in for an exquisite afternoon tea and then peruse the bespoke and boutique gifts on offer in the retail store, visit the exhibition and be wowed on their fantastic daily tours of the site.
Book Glasgow’s most famous tearooms now