Experience Glasgow and World Host have teamed up to offer new training for frontline staff in Scotland.
Empower your staff to keep customers and colleagues safe beyond Covid-19 &
drive positive behaviours in a rapidly changing customer-facing environment
The new e-learning programme prepares service professionals for front-line duty beyond Covid-19. Exploring the key changes that service professionals will encounter on a day to day basis, the programme focuses on three key aspects; the working environment, peoples behavioural changes and health, safety and hygiene.
Why do it?
Good customer service has never been more critical. Customers will need to feel reassured workplaces are safe, relaxed and friendly places to be whilst employees will need to feel confident their own skills and abilities meet the expectations of a rapidly evolving market. Addressing the new challenges of customer interaction, fears of crowds and infection will be an essential part of the customer experience to ensure repeat business and revenue.
This course empowers your staff to adapt the service you provide, it supports your customer’s ever-changing needs and expectations, keeping people safe and driving consumer confidence in your business.
WorldHost 2020 is an engaging and interactive experience, looking through the eyes of multiple businesses to implement new ways of working. Easily accessible as e-learning, participants can quickly apply their newly acquired skills and knowledge, so your customers feel the benefits, fast.
Who should take the workshop?
This e-learning programme is aimed at any staff who come into contact with and have regular interactions with customers.
What does it cover?
• Personal Protective Equipment in a customer facing role
• Maintaining good personal hygiene
• Behavioural expectations on public transport
• Communicating key information and setting clear boundaries at arrival and entrance
• Greeting customers, guests and visitors
• Adapting the interior environment
• Customer interaction
• Taking payments
• Maintaining facilities and a clean environment
• The importance of being ‘fit for work’
Benefits of the programme
- An easily accessible 60 minute e-learning programme that can be taken on mobile, tablet or laptop
- Adaptable to multiple roles, working environments, sectors or industries
- Learning can easily be applied in the participants work setting.
- A good practical reminder for why we’ve made these changes and explain them to the customer as we adapt to the new normal.
Experience Glasgow recommends that you do the course alongside using our free reopening toolkit
The course costs £5+VAT per participant and is being offered at a reduced rate to make it accessible for all types of organisations during this difficult